Own don’t rent
Scrum Master is a crucial role in the growth of the team and organizational agility. Scrum is easy to understand, but hard to do. Learning to apply effective Scrum Master skills takes more than theoretical knowledge.
This course builds upon your fundamental understanding of Scrum and through practical skills development exercises sets you on the path to become the best Scrum Master you can be. Through hands-on exercises, real-world case studies, and systems thinking puzzles you will own your insights to transform your world of work.
Influence defeats power
Scrum Masters lead by serving and through the service they enable high-performing teams and lasting organizational agility. Overcome organizational resistance, team toxicity, and get better at coaching.
This course will help you to sharpen your skills so you can expand your sphere your influence. We strongly believe that effective Scrum Masters are persuasive influencers who can bring people together. We will explore how to have challenging conversations, uncover and resolve root causes of organizational dysfunctions, and engage at the organization level to scale beyond team-level Agile.
You will increase your confidence to constructively influence your team and leadership.
Our curriculum will guide you to
- Identify opportunities and gaps in your agile organization
- Developing a deeper understanding of systemic challenges with the adoption of Scrum
- Coaching teams to higher-performance
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Facilitation techniques to improve decision making
- Effective product management techniques to coach your Product Owner
- Scaling beyond single team Scrum
- Influencing executives to cause the removal of impediments
- Develop a personal plan for improvement to be effective in your role
The Online experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a longer lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
Advanced Certified Scrum Master course curriculum
Scrum Master core competencies
Refresh on fundamentals of Scrum, and how it relates to your real-world experience
- Essence of agile
- Scrum Refresh
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Improving effectiveness of Scrum events
- Self-evaluation and personal growth plan
Improving team performance towards self-management
- Scrum Master stances
- Conflict management techniques
- Facilitate effective decision making
- Coaching breakthrough excellence
- Self-Managing team canvas
Advancing Product Owner skills
Serving Product Owners to manage product development in scaled settings
- Concept to cash cycle, and organization design implications
- Agile strategies for product development
- Story maps, and product development roadmap
- Product/Portfolio Kanban
Growing Organizational Agility
Increasing organization capacity to adopt and grow agile
- Recognizing and causing the removal of impediments
- System of tightening feedback loops
- Systems thinking techniques, root cause analysis
- Improving organizational productivity and responsiveness
- Scaling Scrum (patterns & anti-patterns)
Who should attend?
This course is open to anyone who wants to go beyond Scrum basics and develop advance level Scrum Master skills. However in order to receive your Advanced Certified Scrum Master® certification you need to:
- Hold an active Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance.
- Complete full course learning objectives
- Validate at least 12 month of work experience, within past 5 years, that you demonstrate by updating experience on your Scrum Alliance profile.
The A-CSM is advanced course on path to Certified Scrum Professional. This course build upon entry level CSM knowledge. Focus is on next-level skills that agile professionals need. Through A-CSM you will stand out in your industry and show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as highly skilled Agile professional. For more information about A-CSM and Scrum Alliance certification process, visit here.
If you have previously attended Evolve Agility’s CSM or CSPO course, please reach out to us to claim your Accelerate Advantage discount code for this course.
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course, date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will forfeit in case of a no-show.