Learn how to own outcomes, not orders. Manage stakeholder expectations, and develop products your customers love.
Instructor led virtual classroom event.
Join us for this instructor led training to learn how to succeed in a digital world. You will not only learn about Agile and Scrum, but you also get to experience best practices for remote collaboration. Our virtual classroom is designed for group interactions, and supports different adult learning styles.
Most importantly, you will not be lectured to by a talking head on a video conference call.
Outcomes, not orders
Getting customer needs wrong is a big problem, and getting it right is not easy. Managing stakeholder expectations, collaborating effectively with development team, and delivering delightful products to customers is challenging.
This course builds upon your fundamental understanding of Scrum and through practical skills development exercises sets you on the path to become the best Product Owner you can be.
Through hands-on exercises, real world case-studies, and practical product development strategies you will make clear difference in your product development efforts.
Uncertainty destroys monotony
Excellent Product Owners embrace uncertainty and win over incumbents who are too comfortable in their monotony. Antifragile product development organizations are never chasing the next best thing, they are making it.
This course is designed for passionate people who care for making a difference with products they develop. Advance your skills to navigate through fast changing competitive landscape. You will learn how to define product strategy, discover product-market fit, validate hypothesis via experiments, and collaborate with development teams.
You will increase your confidence to constructively influence your team and leadership.
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner
Product Owner core competencies
Refresh on fundamentals of Scrum, and how it relates to your real world experience
- Essence of agile
- Scrum Refresh
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Improving effectiveness of Scrum events
Collaborative Product Ownership
Working effectively within the organization
- Cognitive biases, heuristics, and intuition
- Stakeholder types, and dynamics of stakeholder management
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration
- Concept to cash cycle, and organization design implications
- System of tightening feedback loops
- Working effectively with the developers
Advanced Product Management
Managing products in scaled environments
- Agile strategies for product development
- Don’t play the all or nothing game
- Agile roadmaps, and product goals
- Prioritizing the backlog for near term, mid-term, and long-term objectives
- Product ownership with multiple teams
Customer centricity & Product market fit
Developing empathy for customers, and discovering the right product market fit
- Market segmentation, and customer types
- Customer jobs: JTBD framework
- Discover outcomes and measures desired by the customer
- Impact of pricing on product strategy
- Develop product value proposition
- Experiment design to learn market needs
- Square peg in a round hole
Our curriculum will guide you to
- Identify opportunities and gaps in your agile organization
- Develop a personal plan for improvement in becoming a better Product Owner
- Lead agile teams to high-performance
- Facilitate collaborative decision making
- Lead product development efforts in scaled settings
- Balance competing stakeholder needs such as new features vs paying off technical debt
- Develop agile product roadmaps
- Design and implement experiments to validate product assumptions
- Develop go-to-market strategy for your product
Why Evolve Agility’s A-CSPO Course?
Learning happens in a fun environment, where participants collaborate with each other. We love it when our participants experience that a-ha! moment and we want to be there when that happens. As practitioners we practice the art of being agile in the real world. We want you to benefit from that experience too. We believe that every learner has a unique perspective and we want to respect your viewpoint, therefore we do not believe in installing rote content. You will not be forced to learn from videos. How agile is that?
We believe in changing mindsets. We take pride in our world-class learning experiences. By joining your co-learners in this class you can benefit from their experience as well. This training is a 100% digital, interactive learning experience. You will be provided with a soft copy of your course workbook, and will have access to copies of all learning materials used in the virtual classroom.
Evolve Agility’s A-CSPO Course is immersive learning experience that enables participants to make a difference in the real world of work.
Who should attend?
This course is open to anyone who wants to go beyond Scrum basics and develop advance level Scrum Product Owner skills. However in order to receive your Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® certification you need to:
- Hold an active Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) certification with Scrum Alliance.
- Complete full course learning objectives
- Validate at least 12 month of work experience, within past 5 years, that you demonstrate by updating experience on your Scrum Alliance profile.
The A-CSPO is advanced course on path to Certified Scrum Professional. This course build upon entry level CSPO knowledge. Focus is on next-level skills that agile professionals need. Through A-CSPO you will stand out in your industry and show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as highly skilled Agile professional. For more information about A-CSPO and Scrum Alliance certification process, visit here.
If you have previously attended Evolve Agility’s CSM or CSPO course, please reach out to us to claim your Accelerate Advantage discount code for this course.
The Online experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a longer lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course, date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will forfeit in case of a no-show.