Advance beyond basics
Sharpen your skills. Find out how to lead product development, manage stakeholder expectations, and maximize the delivery of customer value.
This course builds upon entry-level CSPO knowledge. The focus is on the next-level skills that agile professionals need. Through A-CSPO, you will stand out in your industry and show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly-skilled Agile professional.
Advance your understanding beyond the basics of Scrum. Increase your influence to impact real change in your organization. You get to experience best practices for collaboration. Our course is designed for group interactions and supports different adult learning styles.
Outcomes, not orders
Getting customer needs wrong is a big problem, and getting them right is tricky. Managing stakeholder expectations, collaborating effectively with the development team, and delivering delightful products to customers can be challenging.
This course builds upon your fundamental understanding of Scrum and, through practical exercises, develops your skills to set you on the path to becoming better at Product Ownership.
You will gain skills to implement agile product development strategies through hands-on exercises and real-world case studies.
Uncertainty destroys monotony
Excellent Product Owners embrace uncertainty and win over incumbents that are too comfortable in their monotony.
Successful product development organizations never chase the next best thing; they are making it.
This course is designed for passionate people who care about making a difference with the products they develop.
Advance your skills to navigate through a fast-changing competitive landscape. You will learn to define product strategy, discover product-market fit, validate hypotheses via experiments, and collaborate with development teams. You will increase your confidence to influence your team and leadership constructively.
Our curriculum will enable you to
- Identify opportunities and gaps in your agile organization
- Develop a personal plan for improvement in becoming a better Product Owner
- Lead agile teams to high-performance
- Facilitate collaborative decision making
- Lead product development efforts in scaled settings
- Balance competing stakeholder needs, such as new features vs. paying off technical debt
- Develop agile product roadmaps
- Design and implement experiments to validate product assumptions
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for your product
Learn together, grow together
We recommend a group of Product Owners join this course together, so your community of practice can develop shared strategies to tip the balance to becoming a product-led organization.
Who Should Attend?
This course is open to anyone who wants to go beyond Scrum basics and develop advanced-level Scrum Product Owner skills.
However, to receive your Advanced-Certified Scrum Product Owner℠ certification, you need to:
- Hold an active Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) certification with ScrumAlliance.
- Complete full Advanced-Certified Scrum Product Owner℠ (A-CSPO)
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience within the past five years that you demonstrate by updating your experience on your Scrum Alliance profile.
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner
Product Owner core competencies
Refresh on the fundamentals of Scrum and how it relates to your real-world experience.
- Essence of agile
- Scrum Refresh
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Improving effectiveness of Scrum events
Collaborative Product Ownership
Working effectively within the organization
- Cognitive biases, heuristics, and intuition
- Stakeholder types, and dynamics of stakeholder management
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration
- Concept to cash cycle, and organization design implications
- System of tightening feedback loops
- Working effectively with the developers
Advanced Product Management
Managing products in scaled environments
- Agile strategies for product development
- Don’t play the all or nothing game
- Agile roadmaps, and product goals
- Prioritizing the backlog for near term, mid-term, and long-term objectives
- Product ownership with multiple teams
Customer centricity & Product market fit
Developing empathy for customers, and discovering the right product-market fit
- Market segmentation, and customer types
- Intro to Jobs-to-be-done framework
- Discover outcomes and measures desired by the customer
- Impact of pricing on product strategy
- Develop product value proposition
- Experiment design to learn market needs
- Square peg in a round hole
The Online experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom. Please install the Zoom client on your computer.
- For online collaboration, we use Mural. Participants are provided with a free guest account for the course days. Please confirm that you can access the website from your network.
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a more extended lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course, date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will forfeit in case of a no-show.