Evolve Agility’s Leadership development program is a cohort-based 5 month program. We meet once a month to learn advanced leadership concepts, practice newly learned skills between monthly working sessions, and share pratical insights to further the agile leadership journey. This program delivers tangible benefits to you and your organization.
Registration is turned off by default. Kindly review all the information below to find out how you can sign-up for this cohort. The cohort fees are USD 4500.00/participant.
Proven expertise and skill development
Our CAL II program emphasis is on your agile leadership skill development. We employ systems thinking techniques to deepen your understanding so you can lead transformative change in your organization. This includes the application of Agile and Scrum outside of software development to engineering solutions and business functions.
This course explores human and systems dynamics so you can develop your personal agile leadership style. This workshop fosters an inclusive, safe-to-fail environment where you can discover the leader within.
Download this one pager [link] to share within your organization.
This is the only leadership course that integrates the Systems thinking toolset in its curriculum. Interactive activities and systems thinking techniques allow you to incorporate your organization’s challenges in workshop so that you can work through some of the most difficult topics, get expert level guidance, and own your own insights.
Are you ready?
Unlike typical certification courses, this cohort based program requires you
- Learn: Advance your understanding through monthly working sessions
- Do: Apply learnings in your organization
- Share: Document and share your experience with your peers in the final peer-review workshop
Find out the more about Scrum Alliance’s CAL II program here.
Certified Agile Leadership – Level II
Participation in this cohort based program covers following advanced education topics:
- Leadership in Agile Context
- The Agile Organization
- Agile approaches to change
Structural Overview of the program – Learn together, grow together
- Minimum 6 participants, and Maximum 12 participants
- 5-Month program
- 4 Monthly group learning sessions + 1 final-peer review workshop
- Session times 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Central timezone)
- Validated practice assignments
- Real-time peer support, and CAL-E Instructor metoring
In between working sessions, you will be provided validated pratice assignments and expected to document your experience reports so we can discuss your application of advanced education topics in your world of work.
Cohort Session Dates (2022)
- August 8
- September 9
- October 14
- November 11
- December 09 : Final peer review workshop
Working Session Details
Aug 08: Working Session 1 : Personal Agility
Increase personal ability to lead with integrity, and raise awareness to understand challenges with organization agility.
- Opening cohort
- Leading congruently
- Agile leadership outcomes
September 09: Working Session 2: Agile Organizations
Learn to reveal the structure of an organizational problem. Develop deeper understanding of organizational environmental and cultural factors that hamper/aid agility.
- Containers and exchanges
- Flow of work: Backlog mapping
- Trails & Trials: designing and ranking improvement hypothesis
October 14: Working Session 3: Agile approaches to change (Part 1)
Learn true behavior of organizational systems, design leadership intervention for organizational change and adapt to overcome change resistance.
- Influencing change: Personal, Structural, and Social dimensions of improving motivation and ability
- Team coaching canvas: Develop whole team ability to improve continuously
November 11: Working Session 4: Agile approaches to change (Part 2)
Explore ares of puzzlement, design counter measures or plan next steps in your organizations continuous improvement journey.
- ‘I wonder why”: Modeling systems dynamics to hold dialogue
- There is always a better way
December 09: Final Peer-review workshop
Present one experience report for analysis, and receive feedback from your cohort peers.
Who Should Attend
For leaders who value ongoing personal growth. Participant leaders will develop Agile leadership competency, and increase effectiveness to lead in complex and rapidly changing business environment.
Leadership is required at all levels within the organization. This workshop is designed for managers, and people who want to guide team and organizational development towards becoming learning systems. Participants come from diverse backgrounds in industry, and life-experiences. Typically,
- Executives, Directors, and Senior management
- Product, Technical, and Functional managers
- Team leader, Agile Coach, and Scrum Master
- Practice leaders
How do I apply to join Evolve Agility’s CAL II Program?
Evolve Agility’s CAL II program is a continuation of our CAL (E/T/O) course.
Participant Pre-requisites: Online registration for the CAL II program is accesible only after you qualify through following two filters.
We require that you have attended our CAL (E/T/O) course. If you have CAL (E+T) or CAL (E+O) accreditation from a different CAL -Educator then we will require you to participate in our CAL (E/T/O) course before or during the cohort program. All accepted participants to the CAL II program will receive complimentary registration to our CAL (E/T/O) program, so past attendees can refresh and new attendees can catch-up.
Share your motivation to join the CAL II program by submitting a 500-word (min) write up, or a 5 m video. You can send a word doc or link to your video by emailing us at [email protected] . This will help you to align on your needs, and for us to know of your expectation from participation in our CAL II program.
*Please note: Ability to write/document is necessary skill for you to be able to share your leadership experience report in the final-peer review workshop. Your final accreditation as CAL II depends on your ability to share your practical experience.
We intend to create an environment of learning and it is important that participants join for the right reasons.
- Send an email to [email protected], with subject “CAL II application” and attach your personal statement to join our CAL II program.
- Within one week we will notify you about your eligibility to join our CAL II cohort.
- We will provide special promotion code so you can signup and purchase your registration online.
*Installment Payment plan: We can offer 2 or 3 payment installment plan. Please inquire.
Our curriculum will give you validated hands-on experience with
- Authentically lead with integrity
- Identifying opportunities and gaps in your agile organization
- Use co-creating, and catalytic leadership techniques to improve agile change adoption
- Develop a personal plan for improvement in becoming an Agile leader
- Design holistic change initiatives for agile teams
- Design Agile strategies for change management at the organization level
- Organization design elements to collaborate, inspect, and adapt at scale
- Influence your organizational culture to improve agility
- Design and implement transformation experiments at scale
The Online experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions about the CAL II program
- We host our virtual training on Zoom
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a longer lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- We use Mural as our online collaboration platform
- Working sessions will not be recorded
- Participants must attend all sessions and complete assignment to be eligible for certification
Registration Policies & Other details
Do you facilitate this cohort experience for private clients?
Yes, contact us to learn how we facilitate a private cohort for your organization.
Is this cohort based program guaranteed to run?
No. We need a minimum of 6 participants to host this program. And we will open registration only when we have confirmed interest from qualified participants. We will not ask for payment until we have confirmed minimum participation count for the cohort.
How soon will you confirm GO/NO-GO for this cohort based program?
As soon as possible, and no later than 1 month before first cohort working session.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. We intend to run only 1 or 2 cohorts per year and therefore we cannot transfer to a different cohort.
What is the refund policy?
Cancellations more than 4 weeks before the course start date receive a full refund. Cancellations within 4 weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund. Your fees will forfeit in case of no-shows.