Instructor-led virtual classroom event.
Join us for this instructor-led training to learn how to succeed in a digital world. You will not only learn about Agile and Scrum, but you also get to experience best practices for remote collaboration. Our virtual classroom is designed for group interactions and supports different adult learning styles.
Most importantly, you will not be lectured to by a talking head on a video conference call.
Learning by doing
Scrum is easy to understand, but difficult to master. Therefore, we don’t use dry lectures. Learning new skills requires an experiential environment where you can practice your newly acquired skills. More importantly, learning happens when you are having fun!
This course is based on techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from The Back of the Room. Our participants experience Scrum concepts and principles through case studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
Know-Why, Know-What, Know-How
Your instructors are practitioners, and therefore able to go beyond canned responses. Because we encourage constructive dialogue you gain deeper appreciation about the why? of agile, and Scrum values and principles.
You need a practical grasp of agile practices to be effective in your world of work. Therefore we engage in fun, interactive role-playing simulations. As a result, you are better prepared to handle even the most challenging situations in your real world of work. You will develop a deeper understanding to help your organization be agile, not just do agile.
You will increase your confidence to constructively influence your team and leadership.
Our curriculum will guide you to
- Develop a strong fundamental understanding of Agile, Lean, and Scrum.
- Develop personal plan towards becoming an empowered Product Owner
- Learn how to manage stakeholders so they empower you to perform your role effectively
- Learn best practices to effectively manage large product backlogs
- Learn how to split user stories effectively
- Lead your developers to build empathy for your product users and customers
- Engage effectively with Senior Executive management to champion product vision and strategy
- Enable product development efforts to deliver on business outcomes
- Learn release tracking techniques, metrics, and measures to effectively manage expectations
The Online experience FAQ
- Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a longer lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
Certified Scrum Product Owner® course curriculum
Review fundamentals of Agile, Lean, and Scrum values & principles. Develop essential understanding necessary to avoid common misunderstandings
- Why Agile?
- Iterative and incremental development
- Agile vs. Waterfall
- Empirical Process control in practice
- Sooner not faster
Scrum in Detail
Values, principles, theory, anti-patterns, and the spirit of Scrum examined in detail
- Scrum in a nutshell
- Scrum Roles and expectations: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developers
- Scrum Events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Review
- Scrum Artifacts & commitments
- Working effectively with stakeholders, and developers
- Definition of done vs. Acceptance criteria
- Effective backlog refinement: Sizing, splitting, and grooming backlog items
Know your customers
Understanding your customers and users.
- Technology adoption and market segments
- User role modeling
- Collaboration techniques to improve business engagement throughout the product development process
- User Story Mapping technique
Product purpose & strategy
Collaborate towards developing a shared vision, setting product goals, and manage expectations
- Product vs. Project organizations
- Shared visioning strategies
- Multi-level planning
- Lean startup fundamentals
- Validating product assumptions
- Anti-patterns: Scaling product development
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course, date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will forfeit in case of a no-show.