Evolve Agility’s CSM Course is a two day immersive learning experience that enables participants to make a difference in the real world of work.
Learning by doing
NO POWERPOINT! – Hands on, interactive, and fun!
Scrum is easy to understand, but difficult to master. Therefore, we don’t use dry lectures. Learning new skills requires experiential environment where you can practice your newly acquired skills. More importantly learning happens when you are having fun!
This course is based on techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from The Back of the Room. Our participants experience Scrum concepts and principles through case-studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
Know-Why, Know-What, Know-How:
Your instructors are practitioner, and therefore able to go beyond canned responses. Because we encourage constructive dialogue you gain deeper appreciation about the why? of agile, and scrum values and principles.
You need practical grasp on agile practices to be effective in your world of work. Therefore we engage in fun, interactive role playing simulations. As a result you are better prepared to handle even the most challenging situations in your real world of work. In contrast to “test takers” you have much deeper understanding to help your organization be agile, not just do agile.
After your registration and 2 days before training you will also receive an email from the trainer outlining learning expectations.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferable?
- Yes, you can always transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- You can also transfer your registration to another attendee for no change fee.
- Cancellation on transferred tickets receive 70% refund.
Additional information for in-person (hosted) training courses
Two (2) days before training you will receive a pre-course email re-confirming venue details, catering and parking options.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, electronic copy is fine.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch, snacks, coffee, and drinks are provided for all days.
Is parking provided?
Lean, and Agile foundations
- Why Agile?
- Iterative and Incremental
- How does Agile differ from traditional approaches to product development?
- What can lean thinking offer to improve our organizations?
Scrum in Detail
- Empirical process control: Transparency, Inspect, Adapt
- Scrum Framework: Values, principles, theory, anti-patterns and spirit of scrum examined in detail.
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities: ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Development Team
- Scrum Events and Artifacts: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Backlog refinement, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Definition of Done, Potentially shippable product increment
- Why is it important for ScrumMaster?
- How to be in service to your Development team, Product Owner and Organization?
- Case-studies and role-playing scenarios to discover your personal strategy to positively influence organizational dysfunctions.
Agile Facilitation and Coaching
- Facilitating Scrum team events: learn techniques commonly used by effective ScrumMasters.
- Coaching scenarios to learn appropriate stance for ScrumMaster in real world situations
Good Scrum Practices
- User Stories, Epics, Features.
- Techniques to split product backlog items.
- Relative Size Estimating.
- Burn-down charts and burn-up charts
Leadership through influence
- Strategies to manage common ScrumMaster challenges
- How to avoid common pitfalls to Scrum adoption by team members
With successful course completion, you will be eligible to become a Certified ScrumMaster® by passing the online test on ScrumAlliance website.