Experience Scrum concepts and principles through case studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
An immersive learning experience that enables you to make a difference in the real world of work. Whether experienced or new to agile, you will gain a fresh perspective to serve and lead agile teams confidently.
This course is hands-on, interactive, and fun!
CSM Exam Pass Rate
You will not only learn about Agile and Scrum, but you also get to experience best practices for collaboration. Our course is designed for group interactions and supports different adult learning styles.
Experienced executive, Organization Design consultant, and Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Coach and Trainer (CEC, CTC, and CST), since 2008. He has been practicing agile since 2003 and helped build multiple agile organizations from the ground up.
He has led large-scale transformations at Fortune 500 companies, and mid-size Product Companies. Dhaval has first-hand experience with transformation challenges in Oil & Gas, Banking, Insurance, Gaming, and Medical domains.
Learning by doing
Scrum is easy to understand but challenging to master. Learning new skills requires an experiential environment where you can practice your newly acquired skills. Therefore, we don’t use dry lectures. More importantly, learning happens when you are having fun!
Our participants experience Scrum concepts and principles through case studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
How do we train?
This course encourages constructive dialogue to understand the why of agile and Scrum values and principles. We go beyond canned responses and deep practical aspects of implementing Scrum in the real world.
You need a practical grasp of agile practices to be effective in your world of work. We engage in fun, interactive role-playing simulations. This helps you to be better prepared to handle even the most challenging situations in your real world of work.
Learn together, grow together
We recommend agile teams join this course together so you can develop shared understanding of Scrum and how you can implement the framework in your situation.
Dhaval’s 2 day CSM course was a fantastic learning experience. His passion for Agile concepts was evident in his teaching. The session incorporated an excellent hands-on approach to learn all about scrum methodology. I would strongly recommend his training course for anyone who is interested in learning how to apply Agile concepts in the real world.
I highly recommend Dhaval as an excellent agile coach and teacher. As a participant in two of his certification courses (CSM, CSPO) I quickly learned a tremendous amount and significantly boosted my career as a result of his flawless execution of each class. His flexible, highly interactive style combined with his deep applied knowledge of the agile space make him truly special – consider me a ‘raving fan’, thank you Dhaval!
Our curriculum will enable you to
- Develop a solid fundamental understanding of Agile, Lean, and Scrum.
- Develop a personal plan toward becoming an empowered Scrum Master
- Learn how to manage stakeholders, so they empower you to perform your role effectively
- Learn best practices to lead the team toward high-performance
- Coach your team to collaborate effectively
- Engage senior executive management to support your team
- Enable product development efforts to deliver business outcomes
- Learn release tracking techniques, metrics, and measures to manage expectations effectively
Upcoming CSM Courses
CSM Course Curriculum
Who Should Attend?
This course is open to anyone who wants to learn how great Scrum Masters lead their teams to excel beyond expectations.
Participants come from diverse backgrounds in industry and life experiences. Typically,
- Project Managers
- User Experience engineers, Business Analysts, Developers
- Team leader, Agile Coach, and Scrum Master
- Functional Managers
- Start-up leaders, Executives
Does it matter where you learn from?
ScrumAlliance accredited courses are uniquely designed by each Guide level educator against a common framework of course learning objectives. This means that no two CSM courses offered by Guide level instructors are the same.
Designed for accelerated adult learning, our course makes challenging topics easy to grasp. Our instructors are active practitioners who have the practical know-how that you need to lead in the real world.
Scrum Framework Cheat Sheet
This is a tremendous resource to have for easy reference. It provides a breakdown of all the working parts across a Scrum environment that can help your team succeed.
Review fundamentals of Agile, Lean, and Scrum values & principles. Develop essential understanding necessary to avoid common anti-patterns
- Why Agile?
- Iterative and incremental development
- Agile vs. Waterfall
- Empirical Process control in practice
- Sooner not faster
Scrum in Detail
Values, principles, theory, anti-patterns, and the spirit of Scrum examined in detail
- Scrum in a nutshell
- Scrum Roles and expectations: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developers
- Scrum Events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Review
- Scrum Artifacts & commitments
- Working effectively with stakeholders, and developers
- Definition of done vs. Acceptance criteria
- Practical backlog refinement: Sizing, splitting, and grooming backlog items
Leading by serving
Improve adoption of scrum through influence.
- Improve collaboration within your team
- Build a personal strategy to address your organization’s challenges
- Develop situational leadership skills
- Empower your team to be accountable for results
- Mentor Product Owners to perform collaboratively
- Develop practical responses to real-world scenarios
- Avoid common mistakes that Scrum Masters make.
Learn by doing
Practice developing a product using Scrum
- Role play and develop an intuitive understanding of Scrum
- Develop a practical knowledge of do’s and don’ts with Scrum
- Learn facilitation techniques for effective scrum meetings
- Experience the power of continuous improvement through retrospectives
- Explore “what-if” scenarios to tackle real-world challenges
Bring this course in-house.
Customize focused learning sessions designed for your organization’s specific needs. References are provided upon request.
The Online Experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom. Please install the Zoom client on your computer.
- For online collaboration, we use Mural. Participants are provided with a free guest account for the course days. Please confirm that you can access the website from your network.
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a more extended lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
Public Course Registration Policies
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than two weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within two weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will be forfeited in case of a no-show.