Certified Scrum Product Owner®
Begin your journey to lead Scrum teams. Learn key concepts to become an empowered Product Owner.
Experience Scrum concepts and principles through case studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
An immersive learning experience that enables you to make a difference in the real world of work. Whether experienced or new to agile, you will gain a fresh perspective to serve and lead agile teams confidently.
You will get to experience best practices for collaboration. Our course is designed for group interactions and supports different adult learning styles.
Experienced executive, Organization Design consultant, and Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Coach and Trainer (CEC, CTC, and CST), since 2008. He has been practicing agile since 2003 and helped build multiple agile organizations from the ground up.
He has led large-scale transformations at Fortune 500 companies, and mid-size Product Companies. Dhaval has first-hand experience with transformation challenges in Oil & Gas, Banking, Insurance, Gaming, and Medical domains.
Learning by doing
Scrum is easy to understand but challenging to master. Learning new skills requires an experiential environment where you can practice your newly acquired skills. Therefore, we don’t use dry lectures. More importantly, learning happens when you are having fun!
Our participants experience Scrum concepts and principles through case studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
How do we train?
This course encourages constructive dialogue to understand the why of agile and Scrum values and principles. We go beyond canned responses and deep practical aspects of implementing Scrum in the real world.
You need a practical grasp of agile practices to be effective in your world of work. We engage in fun, interactive role-playing simulations. This helps you to be better prepared to handle even the most challenging situations in your real world of work.
Learn together, grow together
We recommend agile teams join this course together so you can develop a shared understanding of Scrum and how you can implement the framework in your situation.
I have taken two Scrum courses taught by Mr. Panchal: CSPO and CSM. Both course have been insightful and increased my knowledge in the subject area more than other class I have taken in the past.
The courses are never boring. He has a way of using entertaining metaphors to get the more complicated information across. I highly recommend taking a course from Mr. Panchal.
I highly recommend Dhaval as an excellent agile coach and teacher. As a participant in two of his certification courses (CSM, CSPO) I quickly learned a tremendous amount and significantly boosted my career as a result of his flawless execution of each class. His flexible, highly interactive style combined with his deep applied knowledge of the agile space make him truly special – consider me a ‘raving fan’, thank you Dhaval!
Our curriculum will enable you to
- Develop a solid fundamental understanding of Agile, Lean, and Scrum.
- Develop a personal plan toward becoming an empowered Product Owner
- Learn how to manage stakeholders, so they empower you to perform your role effectively
- Learn best practices to handle large product backlogs effectively
- Learn how to split user stories effectively
- Lead your developers to build empathy for your product users and customers
- Engage effectively with Senior Executive management to champion product vision and strategy
- Enable product development efforts to deliver business outcomes
- Learn release tracking techniques, metrics, and measures to manage expectations effectively
Upcoming CSPO Courses
CSPO Course Curriculum
Who Should Attend?
This course is open to anyone who wants to learn how great product owners lead product development to build products that users love!
Participants come from diverse backgrounds in industry and life experiences. Typically,
- Product Managers
- User Experience engineers, Business Analysts, Developers
- Team leader, Agile Coach, and Scrum Master
- Functional Managers
- Start-up leaders, Executives
Does it matter where you learn from?
ScrumAlliance accredited courses are uniquely designed by each Guide level educator against a common framework of course learning objectives. This means that no two CSPO courses offered by Guide level instructors are the same.
Designed for accelerated adult learning, our course makes challenging topics easy to grasp. Our instructors are active practitioners with the practical know-how you need to lead in the real world.
Scrum Framework Cheat Sheet
This is a great resource to have for easy reference. It provides a great breakdown of all the working parts across a Scrum environment that can help guide your team to greater success.
Review fundamentals of Agile, Lean, and Scrum values & principles. Develop essential understanding necessary to avoid common anti-patterns
- Why Agile?
- Iterative and incremental development
- Agile vs. Waterfall
- Empirical Process control in practice
- Sooner not faster
Scrum in Detail
Values, principles, theory, anti-patterns, and the spirit of Scrum examined in detail
- Scrum in a nutshell
- Scrum Roles and expectations: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developers
- Scrum Events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Review
- Scrum Artifacts & commitments
- Working effectively with stakeholders, and developers
- Definition of done vs. Acceptance criteria
- Effective backlog refinement: Sizing, splitting, and grooming backlog items
Know your customers
Understanding your customers and users.
- Technology adoption and market segments
- User role modeling
- Collaboration techniques to improve business engagement throughout the product development process
- User Story Mapping technique
Product Purpose & Strategy
Collaborate towards developing a shared vision, setting product goals, and managing expectations
- Product vs. Project organizations
- Shared visioning strategies
- Multi-level planning
- Lean startup fundamentals
- Validating product assumptions
- Anti-patterns: Scaling product development
Bring this course in-house
Customize focused learning sessions designed for your organization’s specific needs. References are provided upon request.
The Online Experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom. Please install the Zoom client on your computer.
- For online collaboration, we use Mural. Participants are provided with a free guest account for the course days. Please confirm that you can access the website from your network.
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a more extended lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
Public Course Registration Policies
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than two weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within two weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will be forfeited in case of a no-show.