Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster®
Master the challenges that go beyond Scrum and dive into practicalities to have a deep impact on your organization and your career.
The CSP-SM is the pinnacle course for experts wishing to develop mastery. This course builds upon entry-level CSM and advanced-level A-CSM knowledge. The focus is on the next-level skills that budding guide-level coaches need.
Through CSP-SM, you will stand out in your industry, demonstrate commitment to your craft, and be valued as a highly sought-after and skilled professional.
Experienced executive, Organization Design consultant, and Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Coach and Trainer (CEC, CTC, and CST), since 2008. He has been practicing agile since 2003 and helped build multiple agile organizations from the ground up.
He has led large-scale transformations at Fortune 500 companies, and mid-size Product Companies. Dhaval has first-hand experience with transformation challenges in Oil & Gas, Banking, Insurance, Gaming, and Medical domains.
A Better Way
Do you wonder why the same impediments keep popping up? Are you puzzled by the way your organization behaves? Then this course is for you. We will use case studies, scenarios, puzzles, and simulations to explore the dynamics of implementing Scrum in real-world organizations.
You will learn to use our systems thinking agile coaching toolkit that we have successfully used in large-scale agile transformations to accelerate high performance in agile teams. In this course, you will learn to use novel techniques and develop a personal toolkit for professional Scrum Mastery.
Your Pathway to Agile Coaching
Open the pathways to becoming a guide-level Certified Team Coach®, Certified Enterprise Coach®.
You will gain practical insights to transform your organization. This course has the necessary toolkit that every competent Agile coach needs. But more importantly, you will develop the Agile coaching and leadership mindset to serve your personal and organizational growth.
This immersive course is an intensive deep dive that will challenge your long-held assumptions and equip you to maximize your impact. You will be prepared to tackle the most challenging situations because the insights you gain are practical and aligned with your values as a Scrum Master.
Learn together, grow together
We recommend a group of A-CSMs to join this course together, so your community of practice can use the Systems Thinking coaching toolkit to diagnose deep-rooted challenges in your organization.
His vision on how to proceed was clear and well communicated so that people at all levels in the company could understand it and move forward. Dhaval brought a wealth of experience to the table, and his well planned and interesting lessons coupled with his oft’ humorous delivery were quite effective. I hope to have the opportunity to work with Dhaval again.
The training was very engaging, full of real-world examples and hands-on demo. Dhaval is an expert in the subject and knows how to convey the message through use his lecture, literature and white-boarding the ideas. The traning provided be a good foundation and has helped me guide and coach teams in the transformation to Agile/DevOps.
Our curriculum will enable you to
- Accurately analyze challenging team situations
- Coach for improvement in team performance
- Engage senior management in making organizational change
- Integrate lean thinking with agile practices
- Overcome resistance to change
- Learn best practices for scaling scrum
- Learn patterns and anti-patterns for tackling team and organization challenges
- Model systems to hold dialogue and discover leverage
Upcoming CSP-SM Courses
CSP-SM Course Curriculum
Who Should Attend?
This course is open to anyone who wants to learn how great Scrum Masters and Agile coaches lead their organizations to excel beyond expectations.
To receive your Certified Scrum Practitioner® – Scrum Master certification, you need to:
- Hold an active Advanced-Certified Scrum Master℠ (A-CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance.
- Complete full course learning objectives
- Validate at least 24 months of work experience within the past five years that you demonstrate by updating your experience on your Scrum Alliance profile.
Does it matter where you learn from?
ScrumAlliance accredited courses are uniquely designed by each Guide level educator against a common framework of course learning objectives. This means that no two CSP-SM courses offered by Guide level instructors are the same.
Designed for accelerated adult learning, our course makes challenging topics easy to grasp. Our instructors are active practitioners with the practical know-how you need to lead in the real world.
8 Top Tips for better team collaboration
This excellent resource is a mini-eBook that covers eight proven strategies for better team collaboration. It provides a breakdown of facilitative listening skills necessary to engage your team in problem-solving.
Amplify your professional integrity as a coach and develop personal credibility for influencing people and organizational systems
- Growth mindset
- Setting the stage for coaching relationships
- The arc of the coaching relationship
- Strategies to increase cross-functionality
- Starting Scrum teams effectively
- Coaching the Product Owner, Managers, and the developers
Sustaining healthy team dynamics towards higher-performance
- Team dialogue through systems modeling
- Models for evaluating team performance
- Patterns & anti-patterns for facilitating team events
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Creating a culture of safety and learning
Supporting multi-team product development
- Launching multiple Scrum teams
- Enabling collaboration between multiple teams
- Patterns and anti-patterns for scaling the Product Owner
- Effective Product Backlog management techniques in scaled settings
Influencing organization systems to increase adaptability
- Concept to cash: Value stream mapping
- Practical application of lean principles
- Creating the conditions for growth
- Patterns and anti-patterns for business agility
Bring this course in-house.
Customize focused learning sessions designed for your organization’s specific needs. References are provided upon request.
The Online Experience FAQ
Answers to some of the commonly asked questions from our students
- We host our virtual training on Zoom. Please install the Zoom client on your computer.
- For online collaboration, we use Mural. Participants are provided with a free guest account for the course days. Please confirm that you can access the website from your network.
- We take breaks almost hourly, with a more extended lunch break
- Certification fees are included
- A color pdf of the workbook will be provided
- Invitation to private Slack group where past and current participants network
- Complimentary 1:1 personal coaching session with your instructor
Public Course Registration Policies
You can transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- Cancellations more than two weeks before the course date receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within two weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund.
No show policy
Your fees will be forfeited in case of a no-show.