Our Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Course is two day immersive learning experience that enables participants to make a difference in the real world of work.
Find a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) class
With successful course completion, you will be eligible to become a Certified ScrumMaster® by passing the online test on ScrumAlliance website.
Virtual Classroom (online), Instructor led courses also available.
- Why Agile?
- Iterative and Incremental
- How does Agile differ from traditional approaches to product development?
- What can lean thinking offer to improve our organizations?
- Empirical process control: Transparency, Inspect, Adapt
- Framework values, principles, theory, anti-patterns and spirit of scrum examined in detail.
- Roles and Responsibilities: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team
- Events and Artifacts: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Backlog refinement, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Definition of Done, Potentially shippable product increment
- Why is it important for Scrum Master?
- How to be in service to your Development team, Product Owner and Organization?
- Case-studies and role-playing scenarios to discover your personal strategy to positively influence organizational dysfunctions.
- Facilitating Scrum team events: learn techniques commonly used by effective scrum masters.
- Coaching scenarios to learn appropriate stance for scrum mastering in real world situations
- User Stories, Epics, Features.
- Techniques to split product backlog items
- Relative Size Estimating
- Burn-down charts and burn-up charts
- Strategies to manage common scrum master challenges
- How to avoid common pitfalls to scrum adoption by team members
Learning by doing
NO POWERPOINT! – Hands on, interactive, and fun!
Scrum is easy to understand, but difficult to master. Therefore, we don’t use dry lectures. Learning new skills requires experiential environment where you can practice your newly acquired skills. More importantly learning happens when you are having fun!
This course is based on techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from The Back of the Room. Our participants experience Scrum concepts and principles through case-studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
Know-Why, Know-What, Know-How:
Your instructors are practitioner, and therefore able to go beyond canned responses. Because we encourage constructive dialogue you gain deeper appreciation about the why? of agile, and scrum values and principles.
You need practical grasp on agile practices to be effective in your world of work. Therefore we engage in fun, interactive role playing simulations. As a result you are better prepared to handle even the most challenging situations in your real world of work. In contrast to “test takers” you have much deeper understanding to help your organization be agile, not just do agile.
Are you ready?
Start your journey into a completely new way of thinking and acting. This one-of-a-kind learning experience instills confidence through emphasis on skills development. Certainly the skills you acquire in this workshop will help you grow personally and professionally. As a result, you will uncover new pathways to constructively engage with teams and executives on difficult organizational challenges.
This workshop includes application of Agile and Scrum outside of software development. It is suitable for both IT and non-IT participants.
ScrumAlliance CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) credit
This course also allows participants to claim 14 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation.
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certifications
Participants may claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
After your registration and 2 days before training you will also receive an email from the trainer outlining learning expectations.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferable?
- Yes, you can always transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- You can also transfer your registration to another attendee for no change fee.
- Cancellation on transferred tickets receive 70% refund.
Additional information for in-person (hosted) training courses
Two (2) days before training you will receive a pre-course email re-confirming venue details, catering and parking options.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, electronic copy is fine.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch, snacks, coffee, and drinks are provided for all days.
Is parking provided?
Invest in yourself:
More than 99.4% of our students pass the CSM test, but that is table-stakes. Above all your ability to lead scrum teams will determine your career success. Therefore, our CSM course is designed to accelerate skills development.
Our goal is achieved when you graduate with confidence to make a positive difference in your world of work. Whether you are an experienced agile practitioner who wants a refresher or completely new to world of Agile. Evolve Agility’s learning program will prepare you with takeaways that you can apply immediately. We want you to succeed in transforming real world of work.