Certified Product Owner®
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) Course is two day immersive learning experience that enables participants to make a difference in the real world of work.
Find a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) class
With successful course completion, you will be eligible to become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® accredited by ScrumAlliance
Virtual Classroom (online), Instructor led courses also available.
- Why Agile?
- Iterative and Incremental
- Empirical process control: Transparency, Inspect, Adapt
- Scrum Framework: Values, principles, theory, anti-patterns and spirit of scrum examined in detail.
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Scrum Events and Artifacts
- Interactions between ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Development Team roles.
- Responsibilities of Product Owner in sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, sprint retrospective, backlog refinement, and during sprint.
- Working with Stakeholders.
- Product Ownership with multiple teams.
- Case-studies and role-playing scenarios to discover your personal strategy to positively influence organizational dysfunctions.
- User role modeling and target market segment.
- Empathy mapping
- Collaboration techniques to engage users and customers through out product development process
- User story mapping
- Collaborative techniques to engage stakeholders, users and the scrum development to develop shared vision.
- Agile Roadmaps.
- Product Alignment: Collaborative techniques to balance governing constraints for release level trade-offs.
- Multi-level planning, Meta-scrum, and Scrum-of-scrums.
- Managing portfolio of options, and aligning program outcomes.
- Lean Startup basics – Validated learning cycle, MVP, A/B, MMF
- Product backlog management: Collaborative prioritization techniques, Epics, Features, User-Stories.
- Differentiating between Definition of Done and Acceptance criteria.
- Effective techniques for splitting product backlog items.
- Product backlog refinement (grooming)
Learning by doing
NO POWERPOINT! – Hands on, interactive, and fun!
Scrum is easy to understand, but difficult to master. Therefore, we don’t use dry lectures. Learning new skills requires experiential environment where you can practice your newly acquired skills. More importantly learning happens when you are having fun!
This course is based on techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from The Back of the Room. Our participants experience Scrum concepts and principles through case-studies, games, simulations, group discussions, and role-playing exercises.
Know-Why, Know-What, Know-How:
Your instructors are practitioner, and therefore able to go beyond canned responses. Because we encourage constructive dialogue you gain deeper appreciation about the why? of agile, and scrum values and principles.
You need practical grasp on agile practices to be effective in your world of work. Therefore we engage in fun, interactive role playing simulations. As a result you are better prepared to handle even the most challenging situations in your real world of work. In contrast to “test takers” you have much deeper understanding to help your organization be agile, not just do agile.
Are you ready?
Start your journey into a completely new way of thinking and acting. This one-of-a-kind learning experience instills confidence through emphasis on skills development. Certainly the skills you acquire in this workshop will help you grow personally and professionally. As a result, you will uncover new pathways to constructively engage with teams and executives on difficult organizational challenges.
This workshop includes application of Agile and Scrum outside of software development. It is suitable for both IT and non-IT participants.
ScrumAlliance CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) credit
This course also allows participants to claim 14 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation.
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certifications
Participants may claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
After your registration and 2 days before training you will also receive an email from the trainer outlining learning expectations.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the course date receive a full refund. Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course date receive a 70% refund.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferable?
- Yes, you can always transfer to a different date for the same course at no extra charge.
- You can also transfer your registration to another attendee for no change fee.
- Cancellation on transferred tickets receive 70% refund.
Additional information for in-person (hosted) training courses
Two (2) days before training you will receive a pre-course email re-confirming venue details, catering and parking options.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, electronic copy is fine.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch, snacks, coffee, and drinks are provided for all days.
Is parking provided?
Invest in yourself:
Certified Product Owner® course is your opportunity to learn skills that help you develop products that your users will love. Make it count, our goal is achieved when you graduate with confidence to make a positive difference in your world of work. Therefore, our CSPO course is designed to accelerate skills development.
Our goal is achieved when you graduate with confidence to make a positive difference in your world of work. Whether you are an experienced agile practitioner who wants a refresher or completely new to world of Agile. Evolve Agility’s learning program will prepare you with takeaways that you can apply immediately. We want you to succeed in transforming real world of work.